By: Brian Gilleece
1. Do not dwell on the negatives - Stuff happens. It’s how you respond that matters. If you choose to be victimized by what happens, your negative energy will gain momentum. Instead:
2. Do not speak of your problems, diseases, illnesses or worries - The more energy you give what is wrong, the more it persists. Yes, we all need to vent once in a while but if you vent, or even when you’re just thinking about what’s wrong, here are some rules:
3. Love and accept yourself - It’s easy to beat yourself up about what’s wrong, but how much energy do you give to your positive qualities? Do that more. For every negative comment you make about yourself, give yourself FIVE compliments.
4. Let go of the past - You can’t undo anything. It’s done. Forgive others, forgive yourself… learn from your mistakes, learn from others’ mistakes, remember that NO unkind or thoughtless action ever comes from love but from a place of deep inner pain (you can be compassionate to that pain without condoning the acting out of the pain) and release the energetic burden you carry: grudges, resentments, pain, hurt, disappointments, sadness, anger, guilt… let it all go.
5. Don’t give away your power or your happiness - Remember that when you criticize, judge or blame others, you are choosing to focus on what they’re doing wrong or what’s wrong with them – and you give these people the power to control your mood and state of mind.
6. Do not say yes when you mean no - Honor your needs, priorities, time and energy! You’ll resent it. Save your precious time and energy for things that are meaningful to you, or in instances where others ask you to do something, make sure that it brings you satisfaction and joy. Otherwise, politely decline.
7. Laugh! Smile! - Surround yourself with upbeat people who make you laugh.
8. Be grateful - Appreciate the many blessings, but also appreciate the struggles and frustrations. How have you become enriched because of them?
9. Don’t worry - Use your imagination to visualize what can go right, instead of what can go wrong.
10. Run it off - Exercise physically removes you from your problems, and it also removes you mentally. If you’re worried about something, you need to give your brain a chance to process things.
11. Be present - Speaking of being present, be interested in what you’re doing, no matter how “boring” or “mundane” it may be – quotes intended, because any activity can be made as interesting as you are willing to make it. This will keep you in the moment and will keep your mind off your troubles and worries.
OOOOOOpppsss! Bringing it back around to acting!
Positive energy is infectious and can be the difference between booking/signing etc and not. People (Casting Directors are people, Agents are also people) don't know exactly what it is that they are taping into but they know they like it and want to be around it...This goes for all people in all walks of life........ Make sure to work at always using all the tricks in your bag to influence people to your benefit, positivity and present thinking are defiantly some of those tools!!!!!!!!!